Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More Pictures Before and After

I wanted you to see what my bath room looked like before remodel.  Not a pretty sight.  I didn't get one before tub/shower combo was removed but you can get an idea anyway. 

 Standing at the opening of add on looking at old part of bath room.  I told you it was not pretty.

The bath tub/shower was where the opening is now. 


Ok now  for some after pictures. No pretty pics on the walls or any decor but getting there. 

 Our double vanities with my wonderful 5 drawer built in chest.  I love, love it. 
 Everything neatly put in baskets in my drawers. 
 Hubby's closet at end of new addition to bath room.  Burlap curtain I made and my linen closet.  I didn't have one before just a shelp over toilet to hold towels. 
 Other linen/medicine/miscellaneous closet in old part of bath room before step down to add on.
 This is the game room.  Remember I told you that I have a 16 year old at home and 5 sweet grand babies.  Now they can play and play.  Notice the fire hydrant on table.  My plans are to do this room in fire deco.  My son is a Dallas fireman/paramedic.
 Another angle of game room.
 Game room.
 This pic is out of order.  This is another view of bath room addition.  Enjoying it so much.
 This is my daughter's bed room that I taped and bedded myself and painted.  Found this bed spread at First Monday in Canton.  The night stand is a stand I had in old bath room under my vanity.  I had no drawers at all.  My mother in law sponge painted them black and white about 20 years ago.  I painted this one with a mixture of CeCe Caldwell's turqoise and white paint and them roughed it up.  The lamp I found at a local flea market.  The Bible is one my husband and I bought early in our marriage.
 I fell in love with this dresser when I saw it at First Monday.  The color was hideous.  I repainted it with CeCe Caldwell's turqoise the added minwax stain. This is first piece I have ever done.  Still got a lot of perfecting to go before I get an A on furniture painting but having fun learning.  Need all the tips I can get.
 I also found the jewelry box at First Monday in Canton.  Got home with it and raised up one of the compartments in box.  It tells what sweet woman recieved it from what sweet man on Feb. 14, 1940.  So proud of it.  My son found that paper taped inside.  If he had not removed that compartment, I would not have known this.  Why do people part with such treasure.  It also plays music.  This room I want to do in frilly western.  Kind of like an old saloon hotel room.  My older daugher (36) was big in to rodeo.  So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 Another picture of the beautiful jewelry box.
 My night stand with Bible and lamp.
 This is a night stand in my bed room (haven't got handle back on).  It is real wood.  I did this in CeCe Caldwell paint and stained top.  I plan on doing dresser and other night stand as well.

Top of my night stand.

Don't know if you can tell or not, but in all the new rooms and my daughter's room that I painted, we have used the natural wood and lightly stained it.  My husband wants the western look so I am trying to get there.  Slowly but surely.


As you all can see, I am a beginner but have been so inspired by your blogs.  I have wanted to do this but never knew where to start.  Reading your wonderful blogs have helped me get started.  Going one step at a time. 

2 comments:

  1. So excited to see that you are enjoying blogging! It is a lot fun. But in the beginning there is a lot to learn and it can be confusing. My friend Amanda at Serenity Now did a great series on Linky Parties- with lots of great 'how to' parts. I thought that might help get you started :http://www.serenitynowblog.com/2012/03/new-blogging-series-how-to-blog-party.html

    As far as adding buttons and showing your followers- you can do that by going into Blogger and choosing 'layout' then adding a picture. If you have pictures on your desktop that you wan to display on the sidebar, choose those. You can also add the buttons of blogs you follow there.

    For more detailed tips, try here: http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=112498

    Hope that helps and thanks for reading!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and help. I am certainly going to look at both of these sites and see what I can learn. You are so kind. Love, love your blog.

      Delete